Ommwriter Calm

I have just downloaded this writing application and I already like it. My goodness, it's so calm. And Heaven knows I need as much Calm in my life as possible. It's called Ommwriter and I read about it in a brilliant book called, simply, 'Rest' with the subtitle 'Why you get more done when you do less' or something like that. Anyway, it was right up my street. So as I'm typing this -possibly the replacement for Open Office for writing the first draft of my blogs in -  I can just see on my screen a very calm mountainous scene, with nothing but the words I'm writing, and accompanied with some calming jazz-type music. It is lovely!I heartily recommend it, I do. For all of you who, like me, hate Word and all the fancy and complicated, mind-boggling tools that it comes with.... this might be just the forum for your writing.

Jen Fulwiler (my latest heroine) recommends 'journaling',as they say in America. So you might not yet be a blogger, but you might be a 'journaler' and want to write with limited distractions. Oh, and it clicks as type in the way that a typewriter used to.  A perfect blend of modern and retro.

And it's almost free, too. You just have to go on ommwriter.com and it's there for a minimum of around 6 euros or you can enter a donation for whatever you choose and think it might be worth. 


Okay, now I'm going to see if I can copy and paste the above and put it into blogspot.com. Here goes...

Comments

Popular Posts