The usual anti-climax, as well as raw chicken.

So, my day started with Michael spilling raw chicken juice (and possibly blood) down the fridge and over the kitchen floor. Needless to say, when I entered the kitchen to enquire about why my cup of tea had not yet been made, I didn't receive the happiest of responses. I can't quite remember hearing 'sorry darling, it's not ready yet', but maybe it was there under his breathe. What was even more annoying is that the chicken juice had also spilled onto my weekly planner, which I'd left on the kitchen side, to rest my 'to do' list on. This is something I have spoken to M about before, since he ruined my last 'Daily Planner'. Anyone who knows me will know that being organised is not my forte and I have to work at this more than the average person. So with one daily planner, and one weekly planner down, the Let's-Get-Organised mountain I have to climb is looking a little steeper. And I have to say that the start to the day also felt like the usual anti-climactic start to the weekends. When will I accept that the weekend is no longer the putting-your-feet-up weekend of bygone days?

Anyway, after a fractious start, we managed to get the kids into the car and on our way to Dunham Massey, after busting a gut to get to the earlier 9am Mass to enable us to do this. Which was something of an experiment. All was going fairly well (even though Isaac had enjoyed an extra long nap and I'd already eaten the sandwiches for the picnic before we set off) and we were quite far into our 22-minute journey, when I saw the Sat Nav on my phone - I'd allowed myself to get distracted - saying something about doing a U-turn. What?, I thought. And then: Oh why didn't I drive?? We were now going down a long road with no prospect of doing a safe U-turn for a long time. Most irritating, since Isaac does NOT travel well and I was running out of ideas to keep him entertained in the back. And it was hot. 'Hmm', said Michael, 'I probably should have followed the sign.'  Yes!, I screamed internally. But I remained fairly speechless. It was only after the second exit was missed that I started to get worse at hiding my sarcasm. When we finally arrived, all those witty remarks I had been storing suddenly came out. When M asked did I want him to open the boot? (as I sat in the back, wedged between two car seats) I answered 'No, I want to have an extra bit of time in the car please, as 50 minutes just doesn't feel quite long enough.' Sharper than a serpent's tongue, sigh. I blame sleep deprivation.

Anyway... we got there and it was very hot but the children enjoyed it enough. Gracie got her second dress and announced it was her 'super hero cape' which she had 'bought from the shop' and 'she needed it to go superhero-ing.' So that was good.

I would quite like to be a superhero one day. I think I would choose, for my secret power, the art of going completely deaf.




Comments

  1. I would like to be invisible xcc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be the most amazing superhero power. We should write a cartoon where we're invisible superheroes and our kids can't see us!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts